Monday, July 9, 2007

Dialogues of the Carmelites -- reviews

So I didn't see the DoC although Yong and I saw Don Giovanni in France...more on Don Giovanni and France later.... but I was impressed that I already saw a review on the DOC in the NJ Star Ledger (a newspaper I didn't even know existed in my home state!)

It's an OK review-- more about the stage setting. Having seen the Newark cathedral for 2006 Christmas mass, I have to admit that it is quite impressive. I didn't think Newark had much--other than a convenient airport -- which is not even that convenient given 9/11 -- but the cathedral is impressive.

How impressive? Well apparently, Mother (now Saint) Theresa had visited the cathedral and one cannot help but be impressed by the ornate carvings and flying buttresses. From a Methodist-raised perspective, the grandeur of the Catholic church always awes and amazes.

Personally I'm glad that Jen finally had an impressive venue-- and as friends and family know, Jen aka the NYOS did pretty much ALL of the work into that production. Yay Go Jen! You got great photos!

No comments: